Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feeling crafty



About once a year something ticks inside me and I feel the need to make stuff. I don't know what it is, and there is no particular pattern (pardon the pun) to it. Last year I was into framing all sorts of pictures and textures, the year before if there was fabric near me I would sew it, and the year before that I took 2 garment-pattern making courses, just because.

This year I can't decide what it will be. I feel the hum of the sewing machine calling, but I have also dusted off my old art easel and promptly set up a blank canvas on it. Perhaps my hobby-side will be in overdrive this year.

Or perhaps I can now blame my craft store/art store/fabric store obsessions on all the fabulous and inspiring blogs just bursting with creative ideas. I'm particularly into http://www.livingcreatively.com.au/ which has free pattern downloads for heaps of projects, things to buy and great reads. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment